Thursday, September 16, 2010

Typographic Self Portrait

When the class looked at my self portrait, among the words used were "tired, staring at a computer, and living in a basement." Though these words do not accurately depict me as a person, I definitely see them in the composition. In this project, I put a lot of thought into the style in which I depicted myself and was really satisfied with the way it turned out in that respect. I realize though, that I did not spend enough time in choosing the subject matter. Since I did not want to depict myself this way, I should have chosen a different picture to work from rather than one I took after staring at the computer for a while. I didn't put any life into the caricature I made and if I wanted to represent different elements about myself I should have paid more attention to the expression on my face, and my posture.

No comments:

Post a Comment